ST. Matthews Thrift Shop
About The Thrift Shop
In August of 1957, at the home of Mrs. Norma Briggs, St. Matthew’s Thrift Shop was born. The original purpose was to raise money for the treasury of the Women’s Auxiliary of St. Matthew’s. The Shop was open four hours a day, five days a week.
Over the years, the Main Street area of Santa Monica has evolved from a sleepy side street into a chic avenue of first-rate restaurants and trendy shops.
Today the Thrift Shop operates under the direction of a Board of Directors. The purpose of the Board is to guide the day-to-day operation of the shop and disburse the profits. The Board consists of 12 members from St. Matthew’s parish, school and Thrift Shop community and operates under the aegis of St. Matthew’s Outreach Commission. Our approximately 50 rotating volunteers are essential to our successful operation.